Dear St Patrick Church Community:
We have the date for CONFIRMATIONS of Our Youth: Friday, July 31, 2020 at 5:30 PM
Given that the pandemic is ongoing with all of its risks for public health, the dispensation from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass remains in place indefinitely. You could consider switching your Sunday Mass to one of our weekdays, so that you can help us stay under the allowed 25% capacity on Sundays. Weekday Masses are celebrated Monday through Saturday at 8:00 AM.
Whether you decide to come on a weekday or on Sunday, please come only if you are not experiencing fever, persistent cough, shortness of breath, or body aches. The 9:30 AM Mass will continue to be livestreamed on our YouTube channel, so please tune in to bit.ly/stpatyoutube to join us from home. We will monitor on a weekly basis, and depending on the use of overflow space, more Masses may be livestreamed in the future.
When you come on Sunday or on a weekday, please wear a face mask, and maintain social distancing. Some Pews will be marked off. Please observe these guidelines:
- Please enter only through the main doors on 30th street, and exit through the side doors. In case of an emergency, if you need to exit during the middle of Mass, please use the door closest to you, in order to pass by the fewest number of people.
- Once the ushers count to 75 people, you will be directed to overflow space in the hall, by going around the church on Dwight Street and entering through the sidewalk doors of the hall.
- There are spacing requirements for seating:
- Please approach the furthest available pew toward the altar in the church, or the projection screen in the hall.
- People who do not belong to the same household must be seated at least six feet apart.
- People from the same household may sit closer together.
- If your household is at least three people coming together, you will have the whole pew.
- If you are coming as a couple, please sit at one end of the pew. Another couple or a single individual may sit on the other end of the same pew.
- If you are coming as a single individual, please sit in the middle of the pew if it is empty. If there is a pew with a single individual sitting already in the center, two additional single individuals can sit in the ends of the pew.
- Before exiting, please wait for the priest to call your pew for communion / blessing at the end of Mass, and exit through one of the side doors. If you are in the Hall, a concelebrating priest or lay Eucharistic Minister will distribute communion by the doors leading to the parking lot. Please wait patiently for your turn to exit.
We can be socially distant but spiritually close. In fact, we have been! Let us continue to reach out to our fellow parishioners through phone calls and emails, and of course, praying for each other. We can protect one another by keeping our social distance, but also extending to one another our friendship, love, compassion, support, and mercy.
These past two months have revealed our dependence on God in a deeper way. During the Covid-19 crisis, we have become even more aware of our reliance on God. So many things are out of our control in this broken world, but maybe we have become more grateful for health and family, and other blessings. I have heard about positive changes in some families spending quality time together, for example.
On behalf of the parish I am deeply grateful for all of you who have supported us financially during these trying times. Although the total amount of collected funds dropped when we had no public Mass, those of you who continued to support us often made larger contributions. Thanks to you and the government loan, we were able to keep our staff working full time. We also had to spend more than we planned on maintenance: we tented and fumigated the church, we fixed a gas leak in the property, and we are continuing to repair areas of the roof that were found in disrepair when the roof was inspected prior to the church buildings being tented.
Thank you for your continued support! God bless you!
Yours in Christ,
Fr. Carlos Medina, OSA
- Rev. Carlos Medina, O.S.A., Pastor
- Rev. Michael McFadden, O.S.A., In Residency
- Rev. James P. Retzner, O.S.A., In Residence
- Br. Arturo Renteria, O.S.A., Ministerios Español
- Hernan Valdivia, School Principal
- Steve Granados, Christian Initiation
- Aida A. Rodriguez Ocaña, Business Manager
- Barb Mossinghoff, Parish Secretary
Daily Masses and Sunday Masses
Please join or subscribe to Saint Patrick Church youtube channel for Daily and Sunday Masses and Holy Hour.
Por favor vean el Canal de youtube de la parroquia de San Patricio para las Misas Diarias, Misas Dominicales y Hora Santa.
Please follow the link Saint Patrick San Diego
Por favor usen la liga Saint Patrick San Diego
Let's continue to be united in prayer!!!
Continuemos unidos en Oracion!!!!
Welcome! Wherever you may be on your spiritual path, at Saint Patrick Catholic Parish you will find a supportive community with a wealth of opportunities for personal growth.
Located in the heart of North Park, we are honored to have been a part of the North Park story since 1922. We would love to have your family join the parish community.
If you are new to the parish, a great way to meet new people is to get involved. Church is more than the building, it is the community. We need you to help us continue to grow the church.
Help us Plan the 100 year celebration
Saint Patrick will Celebrate soon 100 years
Would you like to help plan the celebration of the 100 years of Saint Patrick's?
Please contact our Pastor Fr. Carlos and let him know. [email protected]
So Far we want to mark and celebrate that on October 21, 1921, the parish boundaries were established.
On February 5th, 1922, the first Mass was celebrated, so we plan to commemorate that event at the 5:30 PM Mass on Saturday, February 5th, 2022.
First Baptism took place on March 5th in 1922 for Maria Elena Rivera, we would like to celebrate with a Gala Dinner on Saturday, March 19th, 2022.
Daily Mass: Monday through Saturday, 8:00 AM
Saturday, 6:30 PM** Spanish
Sunday, 7:30 AM & 9:30 AM** English
**live-streamed to FaceBook
ALL OTHER MASSES AND CONFESSIONS HAVE BEEN CANCELED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!
Holy Day & Holiday Mass Schedule to be announced.
To request Mass intentions for 2020, please contact the Parish Office at 619-295-2157.
Update Your Information... Moving or you prefer making your donation online... Please let us know!
It is important when you are moving away or if you prefer donating online as it would be receiving donation envelopes, please send us a note or give us a call to let us know so we can update your information.
Sacraments Program Registration 2020-2021
Religious Education Registration Information
for 2020 — 2021 will come soon.
First Communion Program for Children will now be extended to TWO year program.
Confirmation Program for Teenagers 14 years old and up will be
online/Hybrid/, ONE-year preparation.
Informacion para Inscripciones 2020 — 2021
de Educación Religiosa vendra pronto.
El programa de Primera Comunión será ahora de DOS años.
El Programa de Confirmación para jóvenes de 14 años en adelante será de un año, en linea y Retiros en persona.
St. Patrick's is composed of people like me
St. Patrick's is composed of people like me
I help make it what it is.
It will be friendly if I am.
It will be holy if I am.
Its pews will be filled if I help fill them.
It will do great work if I work.
It will be prayerful if I pray.
It will make generous gifts to many causes, if I am a generous giver.
It will bring others into worship, if I invite and bring them in.
It will be a place of loyalty and love, of fearlessness and faith, of compassion, charity, and mercy if I, who make it what it is, am filled with these same things.
Therefore, with the help of God, I now dedicate myself to the task of being all the things that I want my Parish to be.
St. Patrick School
ISt. Patrick's School
If you have a child who will be at least 2 years and 9 months old by June 1st, or someone you know, and are interested in enrolling a child in school here, please call
School Office at (619) 297-1314.
Preschool (Lic. # 376700882)
Young Adult Professionals
Our YP group continues to hold a Bible study meetings, adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, and times for socializing
Follow them on [email protected]
Grow Your Faith
Healthy Youth Act of California
A resources page on Sexual Health Education was developed to assist parents of public school children concerning the Healthy Youth Act of California and learning about their Rights and Responsibilities.
For parents who decide to "opt-out" of any or all instruction, alternative resources are available.
Visit: www.sdcatholic.org/sex-education or en
Adult Faith Formation
Reporting Sexual Abuse / Reporte Abuso Sexual
Complaints about sexual abuse by a member of the clergy or by a parish member or Catholic school employee or volunteer can be made by contacting / Quejas acerca de abuso sexual por miembros del clero o de la parroquia, o empleados de escuelas Catolicas o voluntarios puede ser hecha llamando:
Lisa Petronis, (858) 490-8353.